The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Airports Council International (ACI) and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO), jointly express their strong condemnation of the use of weapons against civil aviation.
The downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 is unacceptable. Our organizations wish to convey our deepest condolences to the families of the passengers and crew who lost their lives in this tragic event. While aviation is the safest form of transport, the MH17 incident has raised troubling concerns with respect to civilian aircraft operating to, from and over conflict zones.
We have met at ICAO today with collective resolve to urgently review the issues and potential responses to be pursued. As a first step, States have been reminded by ICAO of their responsibilities to address any potential risks to civil aviation in their airspace.
We recognize the essential need for information and intelligence that might affect the safety of our passengers and crew. This is a highly complex and politically sensitive area of international coordination, involving not only civil aviation regulations and procedures but also State national security and intelligence gathering activities.
All parties to the discussion agreed that ICAO now has an important role to play in working as urgently as possible with its Member States, in coordination with the aviation industry and other bodies within the United Nations, to ensure the right information reaches the right people at the right time.
Moving forward ICAO with support of its industry partners will:
- Immediately establish a senior-level Task Force composed of state and industry experts to address the civil aviation and national security aspects of this challenge, in particular how information can be effectively collected and disseminated.
- Submit the Task Force findings as urgently as possible to a Special Meeting of the ICAO Council for action.
Industry has called for ICAO to also address:
- Fail-safe channels for essential threat information to be made available to civil aviation authorities and industry.
- The need to incorporate into international law, through appropriate UN frameworks, measures to govern the design, manufacture and deployment of modern anti-aircraft weaponry.
ICAO is convening a High-level Safety Conference with all of its 191 Member States in February 2015. Industry and governments stand united and committed to ensuring the safety and security of the global air transport system and its users.
LONDON, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ —
- Jaguar marks the launch of the new XE sports saloon with FEEL XE
- Emeli Sande to perform the first FEEL XE project on 08 September, an audio-visual spectacle that will be seen and heard across the Thames
- Emeli is inviting members of the public to influence her special new track via social media using #FEELXE
- The FEEL XE platform will express the feeling of Exhilaration at the heart of the XE
- Jaguar to also collaborate on certain projects with Stella McCartney and Idris Elba for FEEL XE
Jaguar today launches FEEL XE, a platform created to harness the spirit of British creativity and innovation using an inspiring collective of figures from the worlds of music, film and design.
Jaguar will be collaborating with artists and personalities including Emeli Sande, Stella McCartney and Idris Elba to create experiences that express the ‘Exhilaration’ that is at the heart of the XE, the brand’s new mid-sized premium sports saloon.
Multi-platinum, British singer songwriter Emeli Sande will create the first FEEL XE project. Emeli and Jaguar are looking to the public for inspiration as Emeli begins to write a FEEL XE song about the feeling of Exhilaration to support the reveal of the Jaguar XE. In order to secure inspiration Emeli and Jaguar will ask the public “What makes you feel Exhilarated?”
Using #FEELXE the public can share words, pictures, sounds and films with Emeli through social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) that express what makes them feel Exhilarated. As Exhilaration can mean many different things to many different people, Emeli and Jaguar are expecting a diverse range of submissions.
In reference to her involvement in the project, Emeli said: “I’m excited about working with Jaguar on the FEEL XE campaign and with an incredible British brand. The new XE is innovative in its design and I can’t wait to start collaborating with the world, looking at what defines Exhilaration for them, and premiering the track in London at what is going to be an incredible event!”
Emeli’s FEEL XE track will be performed for the first time at a secret location alongside the Thames on 08 September as part of a spectacular, audio-visual event. The conclusion of this performance will mark the global reveal of Jaguar’s new XE mid-sized premium sports saloon, part of a series of dramatic Jaguar XE stunts and events across the Capital.
The XE is a true sports saloon that has been designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK. With class-leading design and innovation, Jaguar is delivering game-changing driving experience and performance, qualities that FEEL XE will express through creative interpretations of the feeling of Exhilaration.
Emmy nominated British actor Idris Elba will create a FEEL XE project with his production company Green Door Pictures. It will be inspired by his passion for cars and innovation, an interest that he first explored in the recent BBC2 ‘King Of Speed’ series. Idris commented: “I have a passionate, personal connection to cars, and when I think of Exhilaration I am immediately drawn towards the defining points in my life and the role that cars have played in these moments.”
Renowned British designer Stella McCartney, whose FEEL XE project will follow Emeli’s, said: “I’m passionate about British design and innovation. I’m proud to be involved in the Jaguar FEEL XE campaign and look forward to this exciting partnership.”
Fiona Pargeter, PR Director for Jaguar Land Rover, commented: “XE is a very special car and we wanted to ensure it had a very special launch. We are very excited to be working with such amazing global talent to create interesting and engaging experiences that we can share around the world. Emeli is an incredible artist and one who embodies the creativity and elegance that is at the heart of the Jaguar brand and the new XE.”
Between now and 08 September the public can see how Emeli Sande is being inspired by the social media community on Jaguar’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Jaguar) via exclusive behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. Further FEEL XE projects involving Stella McCartney and Idris Elba will be announced in due course.
NOTES TO EDITORS
ABOUT JAGUAR LAND ROVER
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK’s largest premium automotive manufacturing business, built around two iconic British car brands. All its vehicles are engineered and designed in Britain. While it has ambitious plans for global growth, the heart of the business remains in the UK, with billions of pounds invested in state-of-the-art production, research and development facilities. In 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 425,006 vehicles – up 19% from the previous year – in more than 170 countries. The company employs 30,000 people globally.
JAGUAR XE CONFIRMED AS NEW NAME FOR PREMIUM SPORTS SALOON WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART ‘INGENIUM’ ENGINE FAMILY
- Jaguar announces the name of its all-new mid-sized premium sports saloon as the Jaguar XE
- The Jaguar XE will be the first aluminium monocoque product in the segment and is set to be the most advanced, efficient and refined sports saloon in its class
- This will be the first product from the new advanced aluminium architecture which was showcased for the first time in the C-X17 concept car at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 2013
- The new family of high-output, fuel-efficient petrol and diesel engines will be named Ingenium. The Jaguar XE will be the first user of the Ingenium engines in four-cylinder two-litre petrol and diesel variants. They will be built at Jaguar Land Rover’s new UK Engine Manufacturing Facility
- The full engine line-up will enable Jaguar to offer vehicles with class-leading performance, including top speeds of over 300km/h (186mph), and emissions lower than 100g of CO2 per km
NEW JAGUAR XE TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE ANNOUNCED
- The world premiere of the all-new Jaguar XE will be held in London on September 8th
- The XE will be a true sports saloon with class-leading dynamics, refinement and technology
- Precise handling and high-quality ride is assured with Integral Link rear suspension; a layout designed for optimum performance, comfort and control
- The finely-honed F-TYPE-derived front suspension delivers accurate and immediate response
- State-of-the-art electric power steering system delivers renowned Jaguar feel and response
- World-first All Surface Progress Control system ensures rear-wheel drive traction from standstill even in extreme conditions
THE NEW ALUMINIUM-INTENSIVE JAGUAR XE: THE MOST FUEL EFFICIENT JAGUAR EVER TO ACHIEVE OVER 75MPG
- The Jaguar XE brings new levels of aluminium-intensive lightweight construction expertise to the segment
- Projected to deliver fuel economy of over 75mpg* (less than 4 litres/100km) on EU combined cycle
- The high strength, rigid body enables world class driving dynamics – with supple ride and precise handling
- All-new modular architecture developed around Jaguar’s fifth-generation bonded and riveted aluminium technology
- New aluminium alloy invented: RC5754 uses highly recycled aluminium to dramatically reduce energy consumption and lifecycle CO2
*subject to certification
DALLAS, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Epsilon, the global leader in helping clients create customer connections that build brand and business equity, today announced that it was named as a Leader in the July 2014 report “The Forrester Wave™: Email Marketing Vendors, Q3 2014” by Forrester Research Inc. In this evaluation, Forrester refers to Epsilon as “a professional services powerhouse,” and scored Epsilon highest in the Services and Strength of Management Team categories and tied for the second highest in Globalization. The report also cites Epsilon as “…the best operations, technology and strategy and analytics services [provider] we reviewed.”
The report cites Epsilon’s redefined mobile-first platform interface standards and highlights Agility Harmony’s dynamic content scalability, multilingual platform interface, large international support staff and the best operations, technology, strategy and analytics services they reviewed. According to Forrester Epsilon is, “a strong fit for large global enterprises that seek a full or collaborative service partner.”
The evaluation of email marketing service providers included a review of nine vendors against 34 criteria. To gain feedback on vendors and the market, Forrester also conducted 27 client reference phone interviews and fielded an online survey to 89 email marketing client references.
“It’s a tremendous honor to be recognized as a leader in the email marketing space. We built Agility Harmony from the ground up to serve as the next-generation digital messaging platform for global marketers and the report affirms that Epsilon leads the leaders,” said Andrew Frawley, President of Epsilon. “Harmony is now in full production, delivering billions of messages with excellent results. We have or are in the process of onboarding a number of large global brands. We are particularly excited about the capabilities recognition the Harmony platform received. With the benefit of being the first digital messaging platform built since the advent of today’s social and mobile technology, we plan to aggressively add new features and capabilities that allow marketers to optimize the performance of their digital campaigns.”
This is the first time Epsilon’s new digital messaging platform, Agility Harmony, has been included in the evaluation. Launched in the summer of 2013, Agility Harmony was built from the ground up to handle the industrial strength email programs of the world’s largest brands. Built on a big data platform, Harmony is designed to deliver billions of customized messages per year around the globe.
For the full report “The Forrester Wave™: Email Marketing Vendors, Q3 2014”, click here.
For additional information on Epsilon’s Agility Harmony, please visit http://www.agilityharmony.com.
Latest from the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, based on information received by 18:00hrs, 28 July (Kyiv time) | OSCE
Home Newsroom Latest from the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, based on info…
HAMILTON, Bermuda, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — At its July 23rd, 2014 Board of Directors meeting, Oil Insurance Limited (OIL) elected to increase its per occurrence limit from $300 million to $400 million and the event aggregation limit from $900 million to $1.2 billion effective January 1st, 2015. Furthermore, OIL will give its members until January 1, 2017 to move to the $400 million limit in order to facilitate the adoption of the additional $100 million limit into their insurance programs. Atlantic Named Windstorm (ANWS) limits will remain the same at $150 million part of $250 million with a $750 million event aggregation limit.
Robert D. Stauffer, President & CEO, said that the decision to increase the limit was supported by a significant majority of the members who requested the increase in a membership survey conducted in May of this year. “Our members were clear that an increase in limits would be very helpful in their quest to keep pace with the significant investments they are making in Oil & Gas projects around the world. It is not uncommon for our members to invest in $10-$40 billion projects and our “All Risks” policy can seamlessly and directly take them through the construction phase and into operation without the concern of coverage challenges. Our goal at OIL is to constantly evolve our value proposition to accommodate the current needs of our members and increasing limit does just that. The current limit increase closely follows a $300 million cash dividend in 2014, a $100 million premium credit in 2013 and a prior limit increase of $50 million in 2012.”
For more information about OIL’s property coverages and related value go to http://www.oil.bm.
Oil Insurance Limited (OIL) insures over two trillion dollars of global energy assets for more than fifty members with property limits up to $400 million totaling more than thirteen billion dollars in total A- rated property capacity. Members are medium to large sized public and private energy companies with at least $1 billion in physical property assets and an investment grade rating or equivalent. Products offered include Property (Physical Damage), Windstorm, Non Gradual Pollution, Cyber, Control of Well, Terrorism, Construction and Cargo. The industry sectors that OIL protects include Offshore and Onshore Exploration & Production, Refining and Marketing, Petrochemicals, Mining, Pipelines, Electric Utilities and other related energy business sectors.
TAIPEI, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — HighlightsNew mobile game revenue stream expands: Mobile games accounted for approximately 29 percent of total game revenues in the second quarter, up from 9 percent in the prior quarter. The company plans to launc…
Brussels, 29 July 2014
Statement by President Barroso and President Van Rompuy in the name of the European Union on the agreed additional restrictive measures against Russia
Today the European Union has agreed a package of…