Kota kinabalu: The Sabah state government is confident that the Federal Government will implement the 40 per cent payment of the federal revenue derived from the state as decided by the Kota Kinabalu High Court in October last year. Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor said the matter was determined through due legal process and is enshrined in the Malaysia Agreement 1963 (MA63).
According to BERNAMA News Agency, the total amount to be paid has yet to be finalised, but discussions at the committee level are actively ongoing. 'At the committee level, meetings have been held and discussions are still in progress. The latest meeting was also convened recently to further detail related matters,' Hajiji said. He was speaking to reporters after officiating the State Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Industry Ministry's Kitchen Garden Roadshow programme at Padang Istiadat, Tuaran.
Hajiji expressed confidence that continued discussions between the state and Federal governments would lead to a positive outcome, including the implementation of the payment in the near future. On October 17 last year, the Kota Kinabalu High Court ruled that the Federal Government has an obligation to review and repay Sabah's 40 per cent entitlement of net revenue derived from the state.